I keep reading that menu planning is such a great way to save money so I am going to try it. I got another great tip which is to put the menu in Google Calendar and it can be emailed to you. I use AOL mainly so this may just be additional work and ineffective but I am trying it this week.
Breakfast will be steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, cereal or leftovers
Lunch will be Lean Cuisines or leftovers or rice cakes/sunflower nut butter (for her)
Dinner
(I will list seven meals but will change them around according to what I am craving):
Sunday
butternut squash soup with spinach and tortillas and edemame and hummus and carrots (this wasn't planned but it's what we ate)
Monday
spinach salad (w roasted butternut squash, goat cheese and craisins and pecans) for me
spaghetti for her
Tuesday
chicken and carrots (made in the crock today) for her
spaghetti for me
Wednesday
soup and leftover spinach salad
Thursday
tuna melts with spinach
Friday
chicken burgers and some veggie in freezer or leftovers (if any)
Saturday
use the Groupon I purchased before it expires
I am going to ease back into being grain free as I eat up the junk in my house. I did give away all the candy that was sitting around and I am going to take in the leftover cupcakes from my Open House to work tomorrow. Though I got three compliments this week on my weight loss, the reality is I have already gained back 5 of the pounds that I lost. I had only 5 to go and now I am back to needing to lose ten. And Naomi has become more and more demanding at mealtime and it's gotta be nipped in the bed. After eating all kinds of goodies over Christmas, all she will ask for now is cookies, cake, candy, cereal or crackers! Clearly we both need to lay off the carbs!!! Time to get the focus back to fruits, veggies, lean meats, nuts and seeds!!
Starting weight: 148.6
Body Fat: unknown
Measurements: unknown
This weekly update will also include (if I can keep it up) what workouts I did from the past week, level of joint pain/exhaustion, how I slept, what workouts I did throughout the week, etc. Must be accountable to someone! Why not you?!




1 comment:
best of luck! I checked the scales this morning and YES I am glad to be going back to work, if even to get me on a more "disciplined" schedule!
Post a Comment