1.30.2011

Defining Moment

I know I look like Hell here.

It was 2am.
I was up late last night.
After a lo-o-ng phone conversation with a new friend about Christianity (another post altogether) I logged onto the computer to do some reading about the Laws of Attraction.
You know, how your thoughts become your reality.
At this particular moment I was watching something about it on Y0uTube and it hit me.
It finally sunk in. Things are going to be OK.
But not just that; things are OK.
Actually, better than OK!

I shut down the computer and went in and gave Almi a kiss. I squeezed her hand and told her not to worry, that we are OK; that Mommy was going to take care of her. And then I got in bed.

I meditated and prayed until I fell asleep.

It was a defining moment for me. I thought back to all the negatives things/people/events that have come into my life and how certain unfortunate situations keep recurring. Was I responsible for this in some way? I do believe I was. But if I take responsibility for those then I also need to take credit for bringing positive things/joyful events into my life. The question is, how do I keep the continuum of positivity?

The secret is: act as if, speak as if and believe it to be already true.

You can believe this if you are not a Christian if you just learn about the laws of the Universe.

You can believe it if you are a Christian
It says so much in Mark 1: 22-26.

22And Jesus answered them, "Have faith in God.
23Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.
24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
25And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against any one; so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

So, I am here to declare the following intentions for my life:

I am healthy and happy.
My daughter is healthy and happy.
I have financial abundance.
I have peace of mind.
I have a kind, loving, sexy husband.
I have ample opportunities for my creative outlets.

Oh, there is so much more but that is enough transparency for one post. LOL

Just let it be noted that January 29, 2011 was the day everything changed for the better.

*************************************

And then something crazy happened.
Or was it not so crazy after all?

This morning after breakfast I made the decision to go to CVS to buy some materials to create a Vision Board. I purchased a foam poster board, some rubber cement and some repositionable putty. I put the items in my car and headed home.

As I was getting Almi out of her carseat I noticed something shiny. It looked to be a chain of some sort. I pulled it out from between the folds of her carseat and lo and behold it was this necklace. This necklace helped carry me through the tough times. I wore it every day during the four month wait for my referral.

I wore it when I threw a party to celebrate my referral.

I wore it when I traveled to Ethiopia to pick my daughter up.
And even had it on the day they put her in my arms.

(Awww.. look at my little munchkin's face. Sweet baby).

But then one day, shortly after I returned, I noticed that it had disappeared. I looked everywhere--and I mean everywhere-- for it but never found it... until today.

How odd that today, as I am coming home with my materials for my Vision Board--as I have realized that all things are possible the necklace-- it reappears. (Odder still, it disappeared before I got this carseat installed. And we have been to the carwash several times to have this one vacuumed out and it never materialized).

Why now? Why today? I don't know but having it back around my neck feels good.
It's a physical reminder that what I wanted most in the world came to me.
And now I open my mind and my heart and my spirit to allow all my other goals and dreams to come true.

7 comments:

Sha Zam- said...

So loved this! And yes. You were given a gift again today. Praises.

Today is the day. When you are down and need a kick- shout out- and from one single momma to another I'll have your back if needed.

Single PAP said...

thanks, shannon! oh, and love the profile photo. :)

Anonymous said...

with you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!m

InventingLiz said...

Love your list! And glad you found your necklace - it does seem like a sign of good things to come!

Anonymous said...

We ALL have defining moments; it's what we do with those moments that counts.
Your cyber sisters have your back and you have my email address. You ARE not alone.
Remember:
If you're going to WORRY; why PRAY and If you're going to PRAY, why WORRY!!!
Let GO and Let GOD!!!
Move fordward and NEVER look back.
Enjoy your week.
Sen

kn said...

Wonderful post. Love that you found the necklace!

Jebena said...

Hey 2011Woman! Yes, that's my new name for all the women who are holding it down in a postive way for our next generation of empowered women like Almi, Songbird, Navi, Lulu, Shayshay, Gingerbread, Truckie...you deserve the title 2011Woman!

Hold fast to your confessions and to your dreams---the returning of your necklace was for such a time as this!

And Sen is right---we got your back!