4.10.2010

Ultimate Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Has anyone heard of the Ultimate Blog Party? Well I hadn't (until I read it on Christie's blog) but it sure sounds like fun! If you are visiting from UBP, welcome! If you have no idea what I am talking about, click on the link above to take you to the site of the women who started it.

Here's a little about me.

I'm a 40-something, photography-loving, nap-missing, husband-wanting, wine drinking, celebrity gossip-loving, adventure-seeking, world traveling Kindergarten teacher... and a new mom to the most adorable baby on the planet!! This is me:

It's a terrible photo!! I'm really much cuter but who has time for makeup and covering grey anymore? ;-D

But now, now this little munchkin is downright perfect! Look at her!! This is my new baby:

Aw... love her! She is a water-loving, risk-taking, kiss-giving, banana-loving honeybun. Isn't she the sweetest thing ever? I'm so lucky! She just came home from Ethiopia six weeks ago! I have never been so happy (or so tired!)

UBP has some great prizes. I would love to win US18 - Goodie Basket for Moms, US95 - $100 to spend at restaurants.com, USC13 - $100 Kay Jewelers gift certificate or US60 - copy of Life Simplified or any of the Target, Macy's or Amazon.com gift certificates. Who would like to win some free stuff? I know all OF us broke post-adoption folks WOULD!! I thought I'd take some of my (nonexistent) extra time and join the party!

If you stopped by from UBP, please leave me a comment so I can check out your blog as well! (And maybe you can also tell me how to get rid of the rectangle hanging out at the end of the post. What is it doing there?! Strange).

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cutie!
Love your blog and really enjoyed my visit.
I think this is my 3rd year. Not sure but really enjoy meeting new bloggers.
Great prizes this year! I hope you win one..or two.
I was late too but fashionable late for the UBP 2010.

kn said...

Love both photos! You both look great.

Long Journey Big Dreams said...

What a beautiful baby! I Have not heard of a blog party before! I am new to the blogging world and am in the process of adoption ....with ever changing time lines!

Mama of 5 said...

Hello! You are cute...no make-up and all:) You asked on my blog where the tulip pics were taken. It's in Mount Vernon, WA. A beautiful fertile farm valley. We hope to live there some day.

Norberto Kurrle said...

What a doll! We are in the process of adopting a Paraguayan baby and are so excited. I hope our little one is HALF as cute as your sweetie!

Jenni said...

Awe, she's adorable! Visiting from UBP and glad I found you! Can't wait to read more of your story!

Cheryl D. said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! I hope you get one of the prizes you listed! Lot's of lucking and happy UBPing!

kristanlynn @ adelynSTONE said...

your daugher is adorable! i'm a mom to a 15 month old little one. crazy how fast they grow huh?!

stopping by via #UBP10!

check out my savings tips, coupons and weekly ad match-ups @
http://www.thriftypennypinching.blogspot.com

enjoy the party!

Maria said...

Hopping over from UBP. What a cutie pie daughter you have! Love that smile :)

Liz Mays said...

Your baby is absolutely precious! I'm so glad you stopped by my place for the party!

Oh, that rectangle is weird!!!

nicole lindsay said...

She is adorable! I am stopping by from UBP! penniesandthoughts.blogspot.com

Kite Koop said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats on your new family...I think it's wonderful! What a blessing she will be! I will be following you. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come again!

thekitefamily.blogspot.com
villageofmoms.blogspot,com

LifeMoreSimply said...

I LOVE your daughter--she is so darn cute! I found your blog through the blog party and am encouraged by your story. :-) Come and visit me sometime--I'm giving away a ton of mama and baby things right now and write about natural living and parenting! http://LifeMoreSimply.blogspot.com <3 Rachel