4.19.2010

Free Cheerios!!!


Yes, all these boxes of Cheerios are in my house. And on my counter because I have nowhere to store them. But why I have them is pretty cool! I read on a blog a tip about saving money and using coupons. She said that grocery stores have a sale cycle and eventually everything will be on sale. The key is to clip coupons and then use them when the item is on sale. In other words, don't shop when you need something and are forced to pay whatever the selling price is that day, but buy it before you need it when it's on sale. And use a coupon. So, on to the Cheerios. I had these .75c off coupons from my doctor's office of all places. Yesterday when I bought one box (when we were out of them --exactly what you are not supposed to do) I was pretty happy to find they were on sale for $2.50. With my coupon I only paid $1.75 for the box, right? Not bad. But when I got home I realized they had doubled the coupon so I only paid $1.00 for the box! Really not bad!! And then I remembered the article so I decided I should go back and buy some more. We go through Cheerios really fast at our house.

But there's more. Here's the really amazing part! I learned when I went back that if you bought five boxes the price went down even further from $2.50 to $1.50 a box!! Unfortunately I only brought 3 coupons with me because I could have gotten five boxes for free! But I was still satisfied. Five boxes of Cheerios for $3.00. Not bad at all!

No comments: