4.08.2010

Fine Motor Skills

People comment regularly about how good Almaz's fine motor skills are. At work she was drawing a picture and a couple of people marveled about how she held the pencil. In Ethiopia I noticed it too when she was blowing bubbles. She could hold the tiny wand, dip it in the container and hold it properly while she blew the bubbles. If she dropped it in the container she could stick her fingers in and fish it out. I was seriously impressed. She's so young!

Several days ago, on an earlier post, someone mentioned how well she held a spoon but that video didn't really show how well she does it so I videotaped her eating her lunch. Check her out!! I mean seriously, is she not amazing? She's only 22 months old!

6 comments:

InventingLiz said...

Elfe also has really surprisingly advanced fine motor skills, it must be something about Ethiopian kids!

InventingLiz said...

Hi - I couldn't email you about the BlogHer ads because I didn't have your email address - email me inventingliz (at) gmail (dot) com and I will be happy to tell you more!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from the UBP! I enjoyed visiting your site. She does such a good job. My 25 month old is still working on this skill.

Anonymous said...

Almaz is adjusting really well. I'm so HAPPY for you both.
I received your "thank you" card. You can send the donation to your friend (Ivy); that's fine as long as you save a pair of sunglasses for Almaz. :)

Sen

Single PAP said...

oh sen, you are so sweet! almaz would LOVE some sunglasses! i will pull them out and send the box off to ivy!

The Richards said...

Looks like a future neurosurgeon in the making :)