4.15.2010

No Wonder I get Nothing Done

My daughter is non-stop motion! I tried to write down what she did for an entire day but I got tired of writing but here's what I recorded:

8ish - Out of crib and in bed with me. Had babbling conversation for about 4 minutes. Poked me several times. Got off bed and left the room. Returned a couple of minutes later and took a book off the shelf. Left with it. Returned with a bow and a lid from a container and played with them by the bed for a few minutes. Said "up" and got on bed with me. Continued playing with the bow.

8:20ish - Followed me into the bathroom. Found bottle in there and took a few sips. Saw washcloth draped over tub and picked it up. Started wiping the cabinet and the side of the tub with the washcloth. Threw the bottle in the tub. Wiped my leg with the washcloth. Got a diaper change. Ran out of the bathroom.

8:30ish - Found her in her bedroom with her boots on and trying to put on a pair of pants. Got her dressed. She ran into den. Played with a toy for about 2 minutes while I tried to check email. Said "up" and was put on a chair. Stood on the chair and laughed. Asked to sit on my lap. Kissed me. Shouted "doggie!" when looking out the window (no dog present). Wanted down. Looked at a book. Played with the same toy. Danced when the music came on. Walked over to my desk and tried to pull down a pile of papers from the printer. Played with toy for about 8 minutes. Made funny faces which made me laugh. Walked around room. Found the cord to my old computer and played with it for 3 minutes. Sang a song. Put the cord on a book. And on my big toe. Played with the chair. Sang. Played with a lamp. Found a scarf and put it on.

And now we are about at 8:45am. It never stops. All. day. long. It is the funniest thing to watch. But no wonder I am exhausted and get nothing done!! I can't take my eyes off her for too long cause inevitably she finds something to play with or eat that I overlooked or didn't know was on the ground (like staples or paint chips). Oy.

Here are some recent pics from our days together.

She likes to get inside the Exersaucer now! She barely fits, but she thinks it's fun.


Playing with laundry.


Giving mama kisses!


Putting on stickers.


We go for walks. (Thanks for the sunglasses Sen!)


And this cracks me up! She likes to help put on lotion!


And now you know why my blog posts are getting less and less frequent!

5 comments:

kn said...

but very much more beautiful!

Single PAP said...

aw, thanks kristine :)

Anonymous said...

it IS relentless, isn't it. and exhausting.
and ultimately wonderful.
but, yeah, exhausting.

I's mom said...

great to see you two bonding so well. I remember those first couple weeks back for you that you posted about. It looks like you two have come a long way. And the pics are just great. I'm hoping I can get my photographer skills in order :-)

hazel said...

Great job on these pics and the later ones - I should try for more of B and me together.

Naomi is busy for sure - I can relate to getting NOTHING done all day, but at least B isn't walking yet.