4.02.2010

Vegan Brownies

I made these once before and I told myself then I would make them for my daughter when she came home. Well, she's home so we made them today! I started them last night but was too tired to shred the zucchini so I finished them while she was eating her breakfast. After she ate her eggs I gave her the spoon to lick. She enjoyed that :)


Then I tried to clean her up and take her out of her high chair but she insisted, I mean insisted, on trying some of the zucchini so I let her. Shredded, raw zucchini. I didn't think she'd like it. I don't like it. So bland. Not my girl. She gobbled it up! One thing I can say, she really likes vegetables! How awesome is that? (She signs banana in this video too. So cute!)



Here's the recipe if you want to make them. I loved them last year during Lent when I was off meat and dairy and wasn't used to eating a ton of junk food and could not wait to make them again. Now, I must admit, though I am not eating a ton of junk food they really aren't as good as I remembered. But, they are full of zucchini so if your kid likes them you won't feel bad about giving her some.
My kid? Not so much. I was so excited to give her a healthy dessert but she ate one bite and was done with it. So much for that idea! Guess I have to stick to the plain, ol' vegetable.

3 comments:

Bennett said...

OMG Laura she is a cutie!! I love love the video! It is great she likes to eat her veggies, especially the green veggies!!!

Tami said...

Since I'm going low sodium I think I'll try it.

Michele said...

I'm gonna need the brownies. Next time you want a night out. I will demand the brownies, sista!

Michele