4.17.2010

Manual Settings

I bought a pretty nice camera last year. Or was it the year before? I knew I'd want an SLR when I had a child. It's a Nikon D40 and I love it but I have yet to read the manual. Or look at the DVDs that came with it! I am sure I'd learn a lot and I will get to that someday but instead I just play around with it... though the problem with that is I get some great shots but don't remember what I did!! Well yesterday we went to a park near my house and I experimented with the manual setting. It was fun! Here are some of the results. Helps that she is such a cutie!!









Here are a few other shots I took that morning before we went out. One I edited. There were a bunch more I loved but they weren't in focus. It's such a learning process but I love photography! Wish I had more time to devote to it.




12 comments:

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

The photos from the park are gorgeous!

Jebena said...

Side job for sure...that and beautiful pictures for Naomi's Picture Book (the one that you are going to make---right????)!!!

veggiemom said...

Great pics of a gorgeous girl!

Bennett said...

really cute pics! I am enjoying ur skills and the pics u post of ur cutie pie

Robynhood said...

awesome photos! I have to learn how to use the manual settings on my slr too... beautiful photos, beautiful subject!

Christine said...

All the photos are beautiful, but the close-ups, they are gems. Perhaps it is the subject!

StefB said...

For some reason I love the 2 pictures with her fingers in her mouth the best. Lol. Naomi really is as cute as cute gets! And she's so happy already. I didn't get those real big, relaxed looking smiles for quite some time. Very happy for you. :)
Stefanie

FiftyCentLove said...

Very pretty! My favorite is the 7th one down.

kn said...

These are so wonderful!!! The last two are my favorites - they are divine!

Mama of 5 said...

She is beyond darling!!! Super cutie.
Becky

Jennifer said...

Beautiful pics! She is so adorable!

hazel said...

She is sooo adorable!! Great pics - and what a great subject to practice with!!