5.07.2009

Audition


So guess what?! I am going to be in a movie! The brother of a friend of mine is a writer and he is shooting a movie of one of his scripts. He needed a 40-something woman to play a character and hadn't been able to cast the part--it's a low budget independent film, no pay, no SAG actors, no wardrobe department, no hair and make up, etc. --but I thought it sounded fun. I don't have any acting experience, well no paid acting experience that is. I did plays in high school and I have surely had my dramatic moments! I think I'm a natural and he liked the way I read for the part, so I'm in! There isn't going to be a wide release or anything, it's just be shown on local cable networks, though he planning on entering it into a couple of film festivals so you never know.

We start shooting next this summer. July to be exact. Which means I have about twelve weeks to get my body camera-ready. How's that for motivation? Yikes!

6 comments:

Christie said...

How fun is that?!?! You'll have to keep us apprised of your rise to stardom!

You never know...those independent films can get some serious props...

Anonymous said...

Congrats and "break a leg"!
Have a GREAT time filming...

Sen

hazel said...

Oooh, this is exciting! You'll have to give us the title and details so we can watch for it.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love this!!!!You go, girl!
Hugs from momma.

Adopting1Soon said...

Wow, THAT is really cool! What's the story about?

Julia said...

Sounds like an excellent distraction.