5.23.2009

The Golden Ticket Has Arrived!

"Dear Prospective Adoptive Parent,

USCIS would like to congratulate you.. It has been determined that you are able to furnish proper care to an orphan or orphans as defined by Section 101 (b)..."

My I171-H arrived and I am done with my dossier! I can send it all off next week and wait for a referral!! Is it really this close? Is motherhood really just months away?! (breathe, breathe)

Funny thing, I knew this was the critical piece in the process, "the golden ticket", so in my mind I imagined it to be yellow! But nah, just a boring piece of white paper-- but the final, important part in an extremely long road. But it's all behind me now!

Baby, here I come!

10 comments:

Robynhood said...

YAY!!! Thats awesome! Congrats on jumping through the final hoop! Yes that paper should have been yellow, gold in fact! Doesnt it feel good to be done all the dossier paperwork? There should be some kind of ceremony involved!!Hope the rest of your journey moves along quickly and your baby is home with you very soon!

:) Robyn

Jocelyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited, I remember I jumped for joy the day mine came:-)

hazel said...

This is FANTASTIC!! You did it!! I am so excited for you.

veggiemom said...

What a great step to have completed!!! Congrats!! Come on referral!

Anonymous said...

yay yay YAY! this is a biggie. congratulations!

Queen Diva said...

That's great Laura!

You finally did it!

Andrea

Adopting1Soon said...

OMG FINA-FREAKING-LY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, to me, this is THE sign that you have blasted through to the other side. The other side of whatever was causing you to hold back. Your dossier is FINISHED. O.M.G.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Your parents are getting ready to be grandparents!!!!!!!!

OMG if you can get a referral in the next month I can go and TAKE PICURES OF HER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! One more step closer to your blessing.

Amina's Mama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

StefB said...

My referral came the day after I notified my agency that my 171-H was in hand (Guatemala). Big congratulations to you and best of luck as the adventure really begins!

Stefanie, mom to Tiana