5.29.2009

2 Years Today


Two years ago today I started this blog!
I really can't believe it.

Two years is a long time ago. I never would have imagined that I would still be without a child and certainly never imagined that I would be so caught up in the world of blogging. Two years ago I made the decision to go ahead with the adoption process. I went back and read my first post. Click here if you want to see how it all began. It's been a long road and if you have been reading my blog for awhile you know that there have been many starts and stops along the way. It's been really tough at times but being able to get out my thoughts and frustrations in this format, on my beloved blog, has been a great outlet for me.

Really. Blogging has been an amazing experience. I feel like I have connected with women all over the country, none of whom I have met at this point, but I think we would be fast friends if we ever get the chance to meet. Why? Because we are going through so many of the same things.. from the arduous paperchase to reading all the articles and books (bonding and attachment, grief and loss, parenting tips, etc.) to the anticipation and fears of becoming parents to an adopted child. We acknowledge each other's mini successes and celebrate the milestones. We send supportive comments, give advice, listen to each other vent and do so because not only do we have a deep appreciation and understanding of the range of emotions, but because we truly care. It's a great community, and my fellow bloggers without you I would have felt so much more alone in this process.

I was hoping to be able to post that I had reached 30,000 hits in 2 years (15,000 a year - like a car.. ha!) but I just fell short of that goal. No child, no referral, a finished dossier that has yet to be mailed off and just short of 30,000 hits (unless you keep on revisiting my page today--hint, hint--LOL), but I'm still happy-happy-happy to have discovered this world, to be going through the process with all of you and know that my little girl will be coming home very soon.

So here's to you and two years in the blogosphere and to bringing my daughter home this year! Cheers!

5 comments:

Angela said...

WOW, thank you for this post. I've had stops and starts along the way since we began in November. Your positive outlook is is encouraging.

veggiemom said...

Happy 2 years! I'm glad you're here. :-)

hazel said...

I will try to come back a few times today to bump up your stats!

2 years - so much has happened in that time. It's been wonderful to follow along with you on your journey, and to have your support and friendship. It makes me sad to think of all the amazing people I would not have met if not for blogging.

Here's to your next 2 years as a Mommy Blogger.

Single PAP said...

aw, thanks guys!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! 2 precious years closer to your little one!