5.27.2009

WoP update

Week of Purge isn't going so well.. or at least I should say it has gotten a mighty slow start. I started out by doing my first post on Freecycle. I gave away ten T-shirts! It was so liberating! I still have to makes piles of sell/donate/Freecycle/throw away but it was a start. There is more room on that shelf in my closet! I can't wait until I get into full swing.

I love Freecycle! I love that things are given to people who truly want what you are donating. I love that junk is staying out of landfills. I love that one person's trash is someone else's treasure. I love that people will come right to your house to pick the items up! And if I could ever get it to work for me, I am sure I will love when I get some cool stuff for free! There are some really expensive, good quality things that are given away for free..it's unbelievable! I have seen televisions, kitchen appliances, furniture, clothes.. all.for.free. Trick is, you have to see it as soon as it posts or someone has surely beaten you to it.. and I have yet to be fast enough. Tami did see a TiVo on there and got it for me. How awesome is that?! I have tried to get the following advertised items: a brand new dishwasher, a pull out sofa, a bag of infant girl clothes and a CD player but no such luck. This summer when I have more time I will be checking the site much more frequently and hopefully will have better luck.

Well at least I can say that ten T-shirts are no longer in my closet. That's great. And I defrosted the vegan chili from my freezer and ate that last night for dinner. But other than that, I haven't done much. And I bought dinner tonight which I said I wasn't going to do. Oh well. Baby steps towards purging and tomorrow is another day.

Meanwhile, I hope to mail off the stinkin' dossier this week. It's still sitting here ready to go but I can't mail it off yet because I noticed that one of my references dated her letter 2008 so I am waiting for her to resend the letter with the correct date. When that arrives, I can mail the darn thing off. I am so ready!!!

OK, the night is young. Let me see what I can get done...

No comments: