3.31.2010

Going Home

I finallly got the time to drive home to Pittsburgh to see my parents. This was the first time they met Naomi Almaz and they were over the moon as you can imagine. She also got to meet my aunt and uncle and see my sister again. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Can I just say now wonderful it was to take my daughter home to meet my family? Very, very special indeed.

Giving a shy wave at the first glimpse of the family.

Looking at the doll my mom bought her.

Hanging out with Aunt B and Aunt Sue.

Getting a hug from Grandpa.

Playing (and reading the New York Times:))

Special time with Grandma.

Getting a kiss from Uncle Otey.
Clapping.

Enjoying dinner with the family.

They lavished attention on her and she loved every minute of it! I wished we lived closer together so we could see each other more often! Love you all!!

** By the way, two people commented that "Emmay" means momma in Amaharic! I didn't know that! I love blogging.. I get so much information and guidance. Thank you!

3 comments:

Robynhood said...

Laura, these are beautiful photos! I am so glad that Naomi has a big extended family who will love her and be there for her as she grows. The photo of your mom and Naomi with her new doll was gorgeous. You can see how happy your mom is to be a grandma. I loved the photo too of your dad giving Naomi a hug. She will love spending special time with her grandparents as my little Twinkle does. I am just so happy for you, and she looks like she is doing very very well.

Hugs to you both
Robyn and A

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL PICTURES! SURE CAPTURE OUR FEELINGS! ALLELUIA! M & D

p.s. come back soooooon!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics & we LOVED having you in Pittsburgh ! Come again & stay longer.We are so very, very happy for you - you're a GREAT MOM!
Love, AuntB