She started out in a good mood. She thought sitting in her diaper playing with her phone was pretty fun.
Length: 32"
Weight: 23.75 lbs.
She is behind in her immunizations. No surprise there. I plan to space them out as much as possible. That's such a touchy subject so I won't go into it in any more detail than that. Hopefully blood titers are covered by my insurance so she won't get inoculated for things for which she has already an immunity.
As far as her eating habits, the doctor surmised that she's in survival mode based on her experiences in the orphanage. She didn't think I needed to limit her anymore than I already am. She also affirmed my plan of not introducing her to nuts or seafood. She said wait until at least age two to give her those foods as doing so before can lead to allergies. She also said to introduce fruits one at a time in case there is a reaction. As far as dairy, she said once her diarrhea clears up I can try reintroducing it to see if recurs.
Almaz gave her one of her classic scowls and some attitude. It surprised the doctor which in turn surprised me. I mean, she is with kids all day and if she's surprised by her behavior than it must not by typical, right? She even said to bring her back in ten days after the course of antibiotics for her ear infection to be sure that's cleared up but also to see if "we see changes in her personality." Wow. That has me nervous. Am I wrong to assume she is suggesting her behavior is not related to her ear infection or her adoption but some personality trait? Hmmm...




7 comments:
Her personality is completely normal...whether newly adopted or not. My kids all scowl at the Dr. My son Patrick (bio) is the worst and has numerous times kicked the living daylights out of the Dr. and myslelf when having an exam...the ears! I say if the Dr.'s attitude continues...find a new Dr. We like a family practice Dr. That way all of us can be seen at the same office.
Becky
I have to agree with the previous comment. I don't know your daughter's history, but I imagine that the only other times people have poked and prodded and looked in her ears was probably not the happiest time of her little life. She's been through some crazy changes lately - what does the Dr. expect? One of my daughters HATES the Dr. and everybody there. "Scowl" would be putting her nastymean face mildly. She has a beautiful personality and she's very smart and simply doesn't like, or trust, the Dr. I hear you on the titers and vaccine spacing, and on not taking right to the lab after the Dr's apptmt. It sounds like you are protecting that beautiful girl and taking wonderful care of her.
I am loving your pics and updates...Keep them coming!!!!
Hopefully the doctor was assuming pain caused by the ear infecton may be contributing to her irritability upon examination. Some people don't know what to say or how to say it irregardless of how much credit we give them.
She might be suggesting that the scowling etc is indicative of pain somewhere--like the ear infection.
And it's probably a good thing she's (the Dr.) not a vet. My cat so misbehaves at the vet that we have a big orange warning sticker on our file!
so cute... she is a light weight in size but heavy wgt in attitude...love it!
I showed my parents her pics and first thing they said "Wow, she is going to be tall!"
Second thing: "Wow, she is gorgeous!"
Yup, she is the same age as C but 2 inches taller and 1/2 lb thinner.
Go modeling world!
Post a Comment