Here we go...
1. I have begun to distinguish her cries - well at least these two: the one that means she's tired and the one which means she's frustrated.
2. I can't take credit for this because I read it somewhere, but I designated one of the cabinets in the kitchen to be hers (i.e. with no baby proofing) and she loves it! Every day she looks inside and pulls out the containers. She has even started using it to store her toys. Too cute-- and it entertains her while I do the dishes.
4. I made some homemade baby food and she loved it! I pureed some left over steamed broccoli, red onion, cauliflower, zucchini, squash and carrots. She loved every bite. I notice that she prefers fruit and veggies (and carbs of course-who doesn't?) to meat. Maybe I have a budding vegetarian on my hands. Fine with me!
5. She is learning how to share!
7. And best of all, I can make her laugh with silly faces or noises.




11 comments:
That is a lot! What great strides! It's wonderful to hear about the adjustment in progress. She looks like a big personality. :)
Stefanie
oh my gosh she is so adorable!
i've never heard the cabinet idea - what a great one. you taught me something.
and of course, i love the title of this post!
What a sweet post! I love the cabinet idea- R does the same thing but with shopping bags, filling them with her toys and dolls and random things from around the house. Isn't it fun finding little objects and imagining the toddler thought process that went into putting them there? What a great age. Glad to know you're enjoying each others' company :)
I love the picture of her half in the cabinet. So sweet!
great! all of it!can't wait to hug her!!!! come!
Every kid needs a cabinet photo! Such a great post.
Yay! I'm so glad you're back home and getting the swing of things. I know the first two weeks we were like "Really? We're in charge of her?"
those are great milestones!!! I have the one cabinet going for Lulu and one drawer... she loves them and leaves my others alone!!!!! I let Lulu "brush" her teeth while I am getting her dressed. she looks forward to it and does a great job on her TWO teeth lol
What a great smile!
I can almost hear her laughing in those pictures. It sounds like you're doing great, Laura. I've had my FAIL moments, too, but the successes make up for them everytime.
Yep, the cabinet and drawer---works until you cough up money to buy an IKEA play kitchen. I have lined my little one's drawer with pretty scrapbook paper that I laminated for wiping off. I also painted the inside of her kitchen cabinet with chalkboard paint so she can let her inner-Monet out. ***Hey, you gave me an idea of something to blog about--Thanks L!***
Post a Comment