12.06.2008

Ouch.


So, late last night I walked down my steps in the dark before getting into bed to be sure the front door was locked, alarm set, etc. and as I got to the last step I tripped on a pair of boots I left lying on the floor. I twisted my foot into a strange position and went crashing to the ground. After screaming in pain and cursing being single (no husband here to take care of me.. I know, poor me -waaah) I limped up to bed. I woke up at 4am in pain and swollen. Tami convinced me to wait til morning to go to urgent care instead of dealing with the wait of the emergency room so after a bowl of Cheerios I went back to bed. This morning I drove way out to urgent care since BCBS won't allow me to go to any in DC (??) and waited an hour to get a room, an hour to see a doctor and an hour to get x-rayed! But in the end I did get good news --no breaks. So today, I am thankful that I am only banged up and bruised, still in once piece and not in pain, and not having an infant here to take care of! How would I do that??

NaBloPoMo#6 theme:thankful

3 comments:

Robbin Hopkins said...

Sorry about your fall. Stupid boys lol they probably wouldn't be to helpful anyway (spoken like a true single right!). Keep blogging and I'll keep reading. BTW I sent some names thru Tami, hope they help, I have another ideal too that you may be open for.

Feel free to email me at mshopkins@gmail.com

Robbin

hazel said...

Thank goodness you weren't seriously hurt! Take care of that foot.

Anonymous said...

OUCH! So sorry that happened, and happy to hear nothing is broken.

As a single mama, I'm constantly thinking about things like that - everything from: how do I get baby and 4 bags of groceries into my house? to: how would I get to the emergency room if I broke my foot?

I'm realizing (slowly) that there is always a way, and there are always people who will help and I'm getting a bit more relaxed about it.

No doubt you will always find a way, too.

Get better soon!