12.27.2008

Darn it!

I missed a day. Darn it. Almost posted every day in December and it's already 12:50 am on December 27th but I'll post this on the 26th anyway. Well, I guess I am thankful for having so much fun that I wasn't obsessed with getting to a computer to post! Had a lot of fun with my niece and nephew today. My nephew joined my mom, dad, sister and me at the Heinz History Center to see the exhibit, "Free At Last?" depicting slavery that existed in Pittsburgh in the 18th and 19th centuries. Very interesting. Then my niece and sister and brother-in-law came over for dinner. We ordered pizza and my nephew had me listen to his iPod to find some hipper music for my collection. It was pretty fun. I enjoy them. I had planned on leaving tomorrow but I think I will extend my trip until the 28th.

NaBloPoMo #26 theme:thankful

2 comments:

Tami said...

It was a good run and we enjoyed reading them all. Thanks for all of your thankful posts. It helped all of us grumpy people!

Jennifer said...

Hi Laura -
You left a post on my blog asking whether or not Vietnam is closed for adoptions from the US. It is definitely closed. I got my referral before the program closed Sept 1 so I am still in process. There is talk that the US and VN are working on a new agreement but that make take some time to put into place. So unfortunately for your friend - she will either need to wait or adopt from somewhere else.

-Jennifer