
It is really cold outside. They say the temperature is 23 degrees but feels like 13. There is a cold, biting wind and a hat is mandatory. I was in the office this morning when a parent called to say her child would be absent today because it was too cold to send her child to school. I thought that was ridiculous, but it really is cold. It hadn't warmed up much by noon so the kids had indoor recess and on the way home I stopped off for some soup for dinner cause I know I will not be going anywhere tonight.
I will be going home. Home. I have that option. I can't imagine living on the street. My heating system is temperamental and when I woke up this morning it was only 66 degrees in here (and not at all comfortable) but when I opened the front door to go to work, suddenly it felt pretty darn toasty. My heart breaks for the homeless who have to brave these frigid temperatures if they can't find shelter. I complain about my house (it's too small, it attached, it's not in the best neighborhood, etc.) but today there are no complaints. I am simply grateful. Extremely grateful.
NaBloPoMo #22 theme:thankful




3 comments:
We try not to go outside right now because of the temperatures: -34.4 degrees farenheit. Yuck. I'm loving sitting in front of the fire though! There, now you can be thankful that you don't live here! (Edmonton, Alberta). By the way, love your thankful themed posts.
I hear you - it's nice to be able to crank up the thermostat whenever I feel like it. Or even just grab a sweater. Not everyone is so fortunate.
Your house is very cozy looking, btw.
thx haze and melissa... and melissa, are you serious??? -34.4???? i can not even imagine!!! i do remember visting toronto in feb. and learned i had no understanding of what cold means. that was brutal! stay warm!!
Post a Comment