12.16.2008

First Course. Check.

I just finished my first course for my homestudy! Woo-hoo! I'm thankful to be 1/5 done!

On the agency front, I had made a decision but then one of the agencies that I had ruled out called me yesterday with some new information which is making my decision a little bit more difficult. It's between two but I have some additional thinking to do. I am going to talk to the Ethiopia coordinator from one of the agencies tomorrow during my lunch hour and hopefully will know which way to go by tomorrow night... cause my (new) goal is to have my homestudy completed by the end of the year!!!

Out of curiosity, would you be more swayed by a guaranteed spot in the 2009 court year or the option of switching into domestic if Ethiopia falls through?

NaBloPoMo
# 16 theme:thankful

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Congrats on your homestudy. That's a tough one. Since I don't think anything in adoption can be guaranteed, the most important thing to me would be an agency with another program that you could change to if Ethiopia falls through.

Nicholas said...

Yay - one step closer!

Only YOU can decide what's right for you and what the right path looks like. You're so right that international adoption is not a science... You NEVER know how the road will bend. It bent a few times for us since our initial decision to adopt and we are thankful and blessed beyond words at how God intended our family to be complete. Even once you pick the agency things will probably change one way or another throughout your process. It's all part of it and it's wonderful that we "never know" the outcome!

Good luck with your phone call and I can't wait to see you continue this journey!

xo Lori

hazel said...

That's a tough call - but I don't think anything can be guaranteed. If it were me I might go for the agency with the domestic option - just in case the singles program closes.

Min/El said...

Guaranteed....hahahahah....sorry, but that is actually funny! As I was just telling a friend who is adopting from Kazakhstan, there is NO guarantee when you are adopting. Any agency that tells you that would make me a wee nervous.

I think the decision is based on what you want. If you are okay with switching to the domestic program then I probably would go that route. If not, I would go with an agency that has offers other countries that are open to singles (Azerbaijan is looking interesting....oh yeah, I haven't even finished my first adoption!).

Good luck!

Min

Anonymous said...

depends on what YOU want. So hard to recommend a course of action. I would stay the Ethiopia route, but that's because I am not interested in the drama of domestic adoption for a singleton... not that it HAS to be that way, but I just know too many people who have gone through the wringer.