12.02.2008

NaBloPoMo

Post every day for a month is how it goes according to NaBloPoMo. The theme for December is THANKS. I'll try it because it will make me think of other things to write about other than the drama that is my life and, really, isn't it particularly fitting that I remind myself of all the things I have to be thankful for so as to not get swallowed up into complete self-absorption and self-pity? LOL

So, I am starting today's post with my mom. Here are some pictures of her from Thanksgiving. I have posted about her before here, but today I want to highlight how important traditions are to her. For Thanksgiving, she insists on cooking some traditional foods (turkey, kale, sweet potatoes, etc.) but she also insists we all sit around one table together like we have every year (since I graduated from the kids' table). She has way more Christmas traditions so I can post more about that as that holiday approaches. Wow, did I really sign up for this during the holiday season? I may be in for a difficult month ahead. LOL

Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving with my cousin's daughter, Charissa, and with her sister, my Aunt Barbara.







2 comments:

hazel said...

You picked a great theme for the month.

I love the pics of your mom. She looks like such a great person to hang around with.

Single PAP said...

aw, thanks haze. she is a sweetie. and as far as choosing the theme, i can't take credit for that (it was the theme on the noblopomo website) but it's a good one for me.