
I never made it home today. Too exhausted from the week (had to work all the way til the 23rd) and had dishes and laundry and packing to do as well as to take my car to be serviced and Xmas cards and shopping... and no time to just decompress and relax and try to get into the holiday. I decided at the 11th hour to not stress myself out further and to not make the drive to Pennsylvania until tomorrow. This is my first Xmas eve ever without my family. The first ever that I didn't go to church. I thought I might but when my friend Deidra said she'd like to stop by and hang out I thought that sounded like a nice idea. She came over and kept me company while I ate dinner and did dishes and laundry and now I'm off to bed. Kinda sad and lonely really... last year at this time I was sure that my daughter would be home by this Christmas.. sigh. Well, I am blessed and thankful for family and friends and the love of God and the infinite possibilities of the New Year! So, I am off to bed so I can get on the road tomorrow for a 4 hour drive to my parent's house in the morning. Good night!
I did some very basic decorating and below is a picture of a stocking at my mantle. I have two mini stockings which I hang with a silver star stocking hanger thingy. There are no photos in the star right now (well, just the one that it came with) but next year there will be!!
NaBloPoMo #24 theme: thankful




2 comments:
Hugs and Merry Christmas!
Have a wonderful Christmas Day!
Post a Comment