7.10.2011

2 Hours

Two hours until my self-imposed deadline of 9pm. It's not going to be done. I have set aside one room upstairs and one room downstairs as holding stations for the stuff to be shipped. Here is what I see:

(the crib isn't going but what you can't see in the photo that is going is her play kitchen)

When I see it all there (minus the stuff I still want/need to add: my bike, the car seat, the box of scrapbooking supplies, box of Xmas ornaments, box of dry spices and cooking supplies) I realize I need to pair down. All of this stuff needs to fit in a 7x7x4 container (7'high x 7'long x 4'wide). I'm not sure it's going to fit. What needs to stay behind are the bulky items like the plastic storage containers, the tricycle, the chairs and Neigh. The Learning Tower and the wine rack cart that you see in the upper left corner of the first picture fold flat (not that I would consider for one moment leaving my wine rack behind!!) but the reality is the shipment isn't arriving until mid-October and she will have outgrown or forgotten about most of her items. If she hasn't and is sad without them I can look into replacing them when we arrive. I also need to keep in mind to not ship things that I will need before 3 months like her potty chair and stepstool for example so no sense in packing those.

Ok, off to do the paperwork! Must get a large coffee.

No comments: