7.16.2010

Wheelin' and Dealin'

My mom sent me money for a new car seat. The old one I got for free from some insurance company for attending a presentation on child safety. It was fully functional but I wanted a top of the line one, especially since I drive an older model car. Here she is in the old car seat. She had no problem with it. LOL


But I headed to Buy Buy Baby to get her new one. I wanted top of the line safety features and the one I chose cost about $375. Very expensive, but when it comes to safety it's hard to justify scrimping and saving. I still felt a bit overwhelmed by the price since, though, especially since I do most of my shopping in thrift stores nowadays so I decided to get the price down as best I could.

First, I took some items I had gotten from my baby shower back since they were geared for a much younger child. That got me a store credit of about $100. Then I brought along a 20% off coupon Buy Buy Baby had mailed to my house. There were a whole bunch of brands and high priced items they said it couldn't be used for and I was sure Britax would be one of them but it was not! Score! Another $75 off. Then with the combined baby shower gift cards and end of the year gift cards, my $450 purchase (carseat, car window shades and her bike birthday gift) was only $55! Now that's a bahgin!

Look what I saw when the old carseat was taken out. Ew. LOL


Here she is the first time in her new carseat. I asked her if she liked it and she said yes. :)


Riding in true comfort, as a princess should.



5 comments:

sko3 said...

Selam says, "that's Molly!" She has the same babydoll as selam does!

kn said...

This is one of the funniest posts! And you are soooooo good at that bargain hunting! She looks adorable!

Bennett said...

wish I had know I have two Britax sitting in my dinning room as we speak I am a/b to put them on ebay, I wld have been happy to wheel and deal w/ya.

Celeste

Robynhood said...

We love our britax! It looks like Naomi loves hers too.. Look how comfy she looks :)

I's mom said...

Nice. the cadillac of car seats :-)