7.24.2010

Summer's MidPoint

Is summer already half over? How can that be????? Sniff. It used to linger on and on, seemingly forever, and now it just flies by. I have been busily trying to get life organized for fall and squeeze in some fun along the way. It feels like it has been very productive. Let's see how I am doing with my list...

1. Do creative things- write, publish, enter contests, draw, take photos, read books, backup photos, see Wicked on Broadway!!
Well, I have been blogging and taking photographs. Haven't read any books yet but there is still time. Don't think I can factor in Wicked this summer. Maybe in the fall.

2. Do fun & summery things - farmer's mkt., pool, park, outdoor concerts, beach, etc.
Not nearly enough but frankly I feel guilty doing this while she is in daycare. I prefer to use the time wisely and plan to do these things in August when she's with me.

3. Clean my grill and use it!
Not yet. Must get to that!

4. Decorate Almi's nursery (before it becomes a big girl room) and my bedroom
Not yet. Been focusing on the basement. Must get to that!

5. Prepare for fall - daycare, meals, daily schedule, etc.
Not yet. Sigh. This is becoming repetitive.

6. Renovate the basement to get it ready for renters
Finally! Yes, this is in full swing. What a project it has become but dare I say I do think it will be ready for renters come September?

7. Create information book or files for Almi including info. on her citizenship, readoption paperwork, insurance, health, sleeping & eating schedule, daycare/schooling, babysitters, etc.
Nope.

8. Work on Almi's babybook and Lifebook
Nope.

9. Organize house - sell/donate/consign, clean, etc.
Yes, been doing lots of this. More to do.

10. Get us both healthier -exercise, take vitamins, eat healthy see doctors/dentists, etc.
Not much progress here either.


Hmmm.. not good. I guess I haven't been that productive though to be fair the basement was/is a major undertaking. And soon we leave for the beach so when I return I can check off number two. Yeah!

Meanwhile, here are a few pics of us hanging out this summer:




And the basement/upstairs laundry room progress...

This is the new upstairs laundry room. I haven't ordered the new washer and dryer yet. This is the washing machine that I currently own which will stay in the unit for the renters. They brought it up to test the pipes. We already learned that the pipes downstairs weren't large enough when it started to leak and overflow so they temporarily installed it upstairs so they could test the pipes for the upstairs one (and so I could do laundry which I haven't been able to do for the past week). Well, it leaked too. They are not happy because it meant a major project of tearing up concrete to install new pipes. I was not happy cause it means this project won't be done in their 4 day estimate and it meant they had to tear up the new tile they had just laid down in the kitchen. I had expected delays and snafus but look at this pile of dirt in my basement!

I also am not fond of the paint color. I chose "sage" but it came out looking like mint ice cream.

Does this look like a basement that will be ready for renters in September? Don't answer that. :)

2 comments:

Jebena said...

1. What is up with our girls and rain-boots?????

2. You are one brave soul --- that dirt in the house would freak the helicopter out of me...and I'm a bay-bohemian-love-the-earth-kinda-sista!

3. Make some sangria and enjoy the rest of the summer!

The Kokopelli Diaries said...

whats that basement fitna look like? 2 bedrooms? cuz i would give my right arm to live in the city again! LOL