The other reason our 4th was so fun was because it was a real celebration of Almi's birthday. She turned two on June 7th but I was way too tired with work to celebrate it properly. Lame, I know. Hopefully next year I'll be better organized. I felt badly about it, so when I realized family would be in town for my cousin's wife's brother's wedding, I decided we should make it a joint celebration of the holiday and Almi's birthday. That helped my parents and sister decide to fly in from Pennsylvania. The weather was gorgeous, I was well-rested and Almi was happy, happy, happy and tantrum-free. What more could you ask for? What a great day.
First we sang happy birthday to her:
Then she tasted birthday cake for the first time.
She looooved it as you can see! I've never seen someone eat a slice of cake that fast. LOL
After cake she opened presents.
Thanks, family, for all the wonderful presents for my little pumpkin! Then I went to the car where I had hidden her gift from me in the trunk: a bike! She was so excited.. even though she wasn't sure how to get on! No worries, mommy helped her! :)
It was a great day. Then, just as we were getting ready to go, their neighbors started their own personal fireworks. She wasn't scared by the noise at all and pointed, fascinated, at the beautiful display. It was a great ending to a fun day!!
I don't know how you find the time to be so comprehensive on these updates! yikes! I do enjoy reading them. She is growing up beautifully and what a joy she is. Oh, yea on the 4 non D diapers! LOL
4 comments:
hahaha! girl she was going to town on that slice of bday cake!!! lol lol lol that was funny!
Happy Bday girly!
I don't know how you find the time to be so comprehensive on these updates! yikes! I do enjoy reading them. She is growing up beautifully and what a joy she is. Oh, yea on the 4 non D diapers! LOL
That's how I eat cake in private all the time ;-)
It appears the timing for Almi's birthday celebration was perfect. Don't feel bad, Laura, perfect mothers are a myth.
No turning back now, she's tasted birthday cake and probably has it on her mental calendar for another next year. hehee So precious. :D
Post a Comment