
Spring weekends, sidewalk chalk and sunflowers...
ummm, except it was dandelions (but that didn't sound as nice!)
I love lazy afternoons relaxing and living in the moment(or for an hour between packing boxes!). I want to freeze moments like this forever, really relish them, because they are all too fleeting. We enjoyed some time in the front yard with sidewalk chalk and dandelions. I loved seeing the joy in her face when handed a brand new pack of fat, dusty sidewalk chalk.

She unwrapped the plastic carefully and chose the colors she wanted.

She tells me pink, yellow and blue are her favorite colors right now though you wouldn't know it. She will wear any color of clothing or hair accessory and she'll color with any colored crayons around. She grabbed a peach colored piece and began to draw squiggles on the pavement as I soaked up the morning sun.

She was happy with her creations but she had just as much fun (or more) getting layers of chalk dust all over her fingers.


After drawing with chalk it was time to do one of her other favorite activities: searching for dandelions.

Fortunately (for her) they are
plentiful.


We had lots of fun hanging out together. I am so looking forward to doing more of this when my time is freed up next year. She's only going to be little for a short while longer, she is growing up sooo fast! I can't wait to do more art projects and take hikes and explore our new country and cook and read and do puzzles together and go to the beach and learn new things together. I want to learn how to photograph my daughter so her inner beauty shines through. I want to have the time to plan big celebrations on the day of her birth and to make all holidays full of crafts and special foods. I want to make many, many days of great memories!! But this day was fun, too, and even if it's something as simple as drawing pictures on the sidewalk I will now remember it because it is recorded here. Each day of life should be special in some small way.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. However you celebrate it, I hope it's happy.
2 comments:
I'm glad to read that you and Almi are doing fine and enjoying this nice weather. Congrats on taking your life in a new direction. Sometimes we all stay at one level due to fear but guess what; fear doesnt allow us to be our best person. I have great admiration and pride for all of my "sista" girlfriend bloggers because you guys scale walls at leaps and bounds while wearing heels. LOL! I continue to read your blog and miss others because you inspire me to think outside of the box. Keep doing you and stop stressing so much. Everything will work out according to GOD's plan.
Enjoy your holiday and have a lovely week.
Sen
Amen Sen! Congratulations Laura!
Jebena....using this man's computer and he's being patient with me...lol...
Post a Comment