5.18.2011

First Interview

I have no business blogging!! I still have so much to do: tax stuff, insurance stuff, document stuff, packing stuff, readoption stuff, yard sale stuff...... ACK! But I read somewhere about doing interviews with your children to record who they are in a point in time. I loved the idea and I thought it would be fun to interview Almi to hear what she has to say. She has just learned to answer questions with more than a yes or a no and it is so fun. Her developing language means I am able to learn so much about what goes on during her day and what makes her tick. (It's also helping me plan her birthday party. I keep asking her over and over what her favorite color is and her favorite animal so if I have time I can put together a theme party with things she likes. Wish me luck on finding the time to do that!)
Anywho, here's the interview. I wished I had videotaped it. Next time. Ok, the interview:

Mommy: What's your name?
Almi: Ay-no-mi
M: How old are you?
A: two
M: What's your favorite color?
A: pink
M: What's your favorite animal?
A: cat
M: Who's your favorite friend?
A: Mommy
M: What's your favorite drink?
A: Mook (milk - rhymes with book)
M: What's your favorite food?
A: happy
M: But what is your favorite thing to eat?
A: pizza
M: What's your favorite movie?
A: My movies (this means cartoons)
M: What's your favorite thing to wear?
A: doggie (don't think she understood that question - LOL)
M: What's your favorite thing to touch that you are not supposed to touch?
A: silence
M: remote? camera? phone?
A: Mommy's camera
M: What do you like more? Cold water or hot water?
A: warm
M: What's your favorite shape?
A: Mommy
M: Do you like oval? circle? triangle? square? diamond? rectangle?
A: diamond
M: What's your favorite number? 1? 2? 3?
A: 1
M: What's your favorite fruit?
A: applesauce
M: What's your favorite meat?
A: she shook her head no and didn't respond
M: What do you like better- hugs or kisses?
A: kisses
M: What's your favorite book?
A: Mommy
M: What song do you like to sing?
A: Mommy
M: Do you like ABCD? Twinkle Twinkle? Happy Birthday? Ring Around the Rosie? Where is Thumpkin? Rock-a-Bye Baby? Baa Baa Black Sheep?
A: Happy Birthday Pumpkin
M: What name do you like Mommy to call you? Almi? Naomi? Pumpkin? Baby? Mama?
A: Baby
and finally...
M: Which do you like more - going to bed or time outs?
A: total silence and stared at me confused (I laughed)

That was fun! I am going to do it again in a couple of months and see how the answers have changed. And I got some tips for her party to boot! A pink cake and a cat theme! Fun!!
Dang she looks big here!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute - she clearly loves Mommy best (as evidenced by many of her answers!) Hope we get to see you one of these weekends. Let me know if you ever have time for a visit.

Single PAP said...

definitely. let's chat.