I have been meaning to do this and finally did even though we don't have popsicle molds. Oh, that would be a great birthday gift for her!
All I did was whip up a larger than normal smoothie for breakfast and pour it into ice molds.
My smoothie had:
1. a handful of frozen organic spinach leaves
2. about 1/2 cup of organic blueberries
3. about 4 tablespoons of probiotic smoothie from the Farmer's Market (milk based)
4. an apple, cored
5. about a cup of watermelon
6. banana
I blended that up for us to drink but it wasn't our favorite as a drink. They are hit or miss since I never follow a recipe, so I decided to freeze it instead. I poured it in the ice molds and then cut up straws to use as handles. They didn't stand up very well so when the smoothie started to freeze I set them upright. Meanwhile, I was cooking with coconut milk simultaneously and decided to add that to our drink. Suddenly we liked the drink so I added a few drops to the top of each popsicle and swirled it around before they froze.
Tasty! And honestly, much better than what you buy in the supermarket. If I can get my hands on some popsicle molds, I won't buy store bought popsicles ever again.
** edited ** I just saw on the internet you can put the juice into a little cup and stick in a popsicle stick or tongue depressor! Great idea. I have both of those in my classroom! I will try that way next!




2 comments:
put a slice of banana in the bottom of the paper cup to keep the stick standing up
Banana!? Love it! Thanks for the tip!!
Post a Comment