8.01.2010

July Update



July was great!! I, for one, was not tired. Yay! Having a kid in daycare while you don't work is perfect for me. Just kidding. Sort of. But it was necessary. I was having the basement remodeled and there was no way to do it with her home every day. I also found a great babysitter though I could only use her a couple of times because unfortunately (for me) she is off to Spelman in the fall. I think most things will be in place by fall, though, and I can survive the year as a single mom.


New Words:
dow (down)
asi (ashes - from Ring Around the Rosie)
baw (ball)
aw gaw (all gone)
ee (ear)
bubboo (bubbles)
mo (more)
doh (door)


She's learned a few new sounds:
meow
ka (quack)
waaah! (baby crying)

Signs:
drink
horse
frog



Other new things:
Can identify me in photos and calls me mommy all the time.
Points to my dad, and other older men, and calls them "Soo"
No longer cries in the morning! She just plays happily til I come get her out of her crib.
Loves the pool!
She has started to put together two word phrases. The other day when I was buckling her into her carseat she said "Owie doh." When we were walking out of the house moments before the door hit her back, gave her an owie and she started to cry. I was so impressed she told me about it!
She continues to babble on and on and on but now is throwing in words she knows. It is so cute. It sounds something like this: Monniebalasittielasta mommy mahsistala baby sowietahsa baby dadanastabana." lol
Loves bubble baths!
Will give me hugs spontaneously.
She loves to watch her Baby Signing Time video and will ask for it by saying "baby" or "bee" which I think is TV. Here she is watching it before bedtime:

and signing baby while she watches:


She was hitting but we pretty much nipped that in the bud ;-)
Loves visitors! When the door bell rings she gets so excited!
She still whines a lot but is easily redirected.
Uses the potty from time to time without my encouragement.
She continues to be just so darn cute:

Continues to go down for a nap and to bed without a fuss (at most she cries 2 or 3 minutes but usually she doesn't cry at all) and sleeps 10+ hours at night. Naps anywhere from 1.5-4 hrs.
Can put on and take off her own shoes!



I'm looking forward to (and hanging on with every fiber of my being) these last few weeks of summer vacation. My basement is almost done and Martha's Vineyard awaits! Time to have some fun!!

3 comments:

Nevididi said...

I love the picture of her resting her head on her baby....it is so cute!!!

one + one said...

Cute pics! Hope your last weeks of summer vacation stretch on. Abel has that video and it is a life saver..loves it!

hazel said...

The victory dance is hysterical.

As always I am left in awe and totally jealous of your amazing, detailed updates!