8.07.2010

Martha's Vineyard Firsts

First time on a beach!
The Inkwell
Oak Bluffs, MA

She wasn't too sure what to think at first. Like she tends to do in new situations, she just sat for a bit and took it all in. She wasn't too fond of the sand at first either and wanted me to get it off her feet but she warmed up to it quickly. The next time we went to the beach she happily played with her shovel and bucket, enjoyed collecting rocks and filling a cup with sea water. Next year she will be an old pro!








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First time on a carousel!
The Flying Horses
Oak Bluffs, MA


Another day we went to The Flying Horses. They are a carousel built in 1876! They have little rings that you can try to grab as you go around. If you grab a brass one it means a free ride. She (well, I was doing the grabbing of course) got the brass ring on her first time on the carousel! I thought that was pretty special. She looooooooved The Flying Horses so much but it was making momma dizzy so I told her we could do it again another day. I feel badly now because we never did get back there to do it again. Maybe the free ticket will be honored next summer? My aunt tried to capture us on the carousel together. And heres' a picture of when she was told it was time to go. Poor thing :( Next year, baby, next year. Mommy promises.


2 comments:

StefB said...

Looks like a great trip with one spectacularly photogenic child!

Stefanie

Bennett said...

u guys are having a ball it looks like, I have never been to MV, gotta put that on the list of things to do