12.19.2009

bits and pieces

I love reading all the comments I have been getting lately. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been supportive in the process and who touched by my reunion with R. and to those who celebrated my referral with me. I truly love the blogging world! You guys are great!

It's a crazy time of year with the holidays and Kindergarten assessments and parties and traveling and dating and trying to prepare for my little one's arrival! I am sad that she won't be here for Christmas-- that part is definitely tough, but I still have so much to do to prepare so I guess it's ok that I have to wait a couple more months. I still don't have a court date but I was told to expect one next week. That would be a great Xmas present! (Not as good as actually passing court, of course, but for now I'll take it. My God, it's been almost six weeks! Give me a court date already!)

Meanwhile, I have been trying to figure out what to do for Christmas. Driving to PA in December can be treacherous and they are calling for snow. On the other hand, my cousin is flying in from LA and I would love to see him and my other cousins who will be in this area so I may just stay here and wait til the 28th and go up for my mom's birthday. But to add to my indecision my mom fell on Thursday and broke her shoulder. They were unable to set it so she had to undergo surgery on Friday. That is never good--especially when you are in your 80's. So now I wonder if I should go to help out or if it makes more sense to wait until she is a bit more mobile. I just know I can't spend the entire time up there because this is 12 days that I could work on the nursery, organize my basement, pick a name (!) etc. In fact, this may be my last vacation before I travel to get anything done so I really need to utilize it.

Today we got a couple of feet of snow (why not Sunday night, why?! I could have used a few extra days of vacation...) and I spent the whole day in my pj's. It was great! I still have this lingering cold, though, so Netflix and rest was on order for today. I have a heated mattress pad and let me tell you that is one of the best inventions ever!! I can turn my heat down much lower and still be toasty warm. The falling snow was so beautiful and there was a ton of it. I should have gone out and attempted to shovel it but instead I spent most of my day in bed! Ahhh... enjoying it while I can, right?!

i did venture out once in my pj's to get this shot!

wow, that's a lot of snow!


So, a lot going on around here but I didn't want to neglect all you wonderful people out there and not say thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the snow photos - you look like a little kid all excited and cute!

and hello? heated mattress pad? that sounds scrumptious!

take care of yourself - and enjoy the downtime!!

JJ said...

Hey, we are with your same agency, traveling next month so we will get to see your baby girl. I am not sure which one she is yet though. I loved your last blog post, she is such a beautiful little girl and how awesome that you got to see her again. Incredible. I just wanted to drop a line and finally say congratulations on your referral.
JJ
www.bethe7percent.blogspot.com

hazel said...

I hope your mom heals quickly. Take some time over the holiday to yourself - you will need those days.