12.23.2009

Crafting and Cookies Make Everything All Better

I had a lovely day today! I woke up early and looked at craft blogs. I got some creative ways to decorate my house for the holidays... which will last through January over here since I am getting such a late start.


Then I got to the thrift store just when it opened and picked up some great Xmas gifts! I am so excited to give them because they are really, really nice and oh, so economical!

Then I got a wonderful massage.

Now I am about to bake cookies (...yeah, i ate all the ones I baked earlier in the week! lol) and get ready to do some cool crafts. Look at these awesome snowflakes I found on Crafty nest!

http://www.craftynest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DSCF5136.jpghttp://www.craftynest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DSCF5153.jpg

They are made out of Popsicle sticks! So easy and so simple yet elegant. Love them! I also love this idea which I saw on Little Big Nest:



How cute is that?! I think I have a stick in my backyard I can use and I bought some mini ornaments today at the thrift store for $.90!

Ok, gotta run! Cookies and crafting are calling my name! I'll post photos of the results!

2 comments:

Robynhood said...

love the craft ideas! I am going to do them with my class next Christmas! I like the little tree too... Dont you just love crafts and cooking? Nothing like eating a cookie while gluing a snowflake

:)

Melissa said...

I'm thinking of making a jesse tree for next Christmas myself. Nothing like a holiday to get your craft on. Have fun. And have a great Christmas.