On Christmas morning my darling cousin stopped by my house as soon as his plane landed. What a perfect start to the day! I served up some homemade quiche and brewed some Ethiopian coffee that I had purchased directly from a merchant when volunteering in Addis.
Then later on in the day I drove up to Baltimore and had dinner with my aunt and most of my cousins who I usually don't see on Xmas. I had my camera but was so caught up in conversation and laughter that I forgot to pull it out! It was a lovely evening and I felt surrounded by the kind of warmth and love that only family can bring.
It was special. But next year... next year-- baby, you will be here and I can't wait!!




3 comments:
Sounds like a good day in spite of the seperation from you little one. Hope you get the best late Christmas present of all very soon.
Happy Birthday to your Mom today!
I'm glad you enjoyed your low-key Christmas (I enjoyed mine). Next year's will be HUGE for both of us :-)
I'm looking at the plate (especially the gomen) and getting hungry. . .and did you say you served bunna??!!!!! LOL!
So glad to hear you enjoyed yourself with family!
Post a Comment