It is July 1, 2009. I only have 6 weeks left of summer vacation. It's time to get focused! I had my time to relax and I got 2 days at the beach, but July is here and before I know it the summer will be over and I will have nothing to show for it. So here are the goals for July:
1. Health
2. Organization
3. Fundraising
That's it cause currently, I am being pulled in just too many directions!!! I would love to do some international travel but that's not in the cards this summer. I would enjoy spending my summer on three of my hobbies - writing, scrapbooking and photography. I have children's book ideas in my head that are begging to be down on paper. I want to create an album of firsts for my daughter. I need to read my new fancy camera's manual and learn how to really use it.
I should spend some time with family in Pennsylvania. I should be counting calories. I want to try out some new recipes. I want to start up my business idea.
There are a million things I should or want or need to do but I simply can not do them all. So, I am going to only focus on those three for July.
Health:
I am not going to worry how fattening something is or how many carbs or calories or fat is in something. Instead, I am going to work out every day, take my vitamins and eat more meals at home. I am also going to set up doctor's appointments. I want to be as healthy and fit and as strong as possible when I become a new mom. Single parenting is going to be exhausting (mentally and physically) and the more prepared I am, the better.
Organization:
I am going to get this house together once and for all! It is so cute and has so much potential but with all my clutter it's cuteness is buried deep underneath my junk. My clutter has led to injury, loss of money, stress, frustration and more. It's time to get it under control!
Fundraising:
I continue to worry about not having enough time to bond with my child while staying home on unpaid leave. I know I will take off two months but what if I feel like an additional month or two is needed? I need to plan for that. I also need to raise funds for travel. At the moment I do not have anyone going with me to Ethiopia. I had asked someone to go but due to their financial situation, it may not be in the cards. This person is my first choice. If I was able to pay for part or all of their flight, perhaps it could still happen. So, aside from the adoption expenses those are two things that I hadn't planned on that require additional money. If I start now I won't have to worry about them when the time arises.
So, for the month of July I will devote my time only to health, organizing and fundraising. Sure, I will go on dates and see family and work on my books but those things will not be the priority. I will post photos of my progress from time to time.
Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
ahh see we really are kindered spirits...
What kind of fancy new camera did you buy? I am still trying to get the hang of my digital rebel!!
My goals are pretty much the same as yours. Health and fitness being at the top. Eating out is a huge problem for me too. I need to make some food that I can freeze for during the work week.
Do you go back to work mid August? We are off until Sept. 8th which is a lovely long break.
I will be going to Africa by myself too. All my friends are teachers, so they cant take the time off, and those who can cant afford a ticket (and I cant afford to pay for them)
Did you know that there are a few adoption grants in the U.S? Free money is always nice!!
Let me know how your projects are going :)
Have a great rest of the week,
Robyn
Post a Comment