6.17.2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

I love the end of the school year. I love my kindergartners but it's so nice to know that at the end of the year I am no longer responsible for them. I can throw out all the files I kept on them and everything with their name on it and start fresh with a new batch in the fall! This has been a crazy past couple of weeks with end of the year assessments and report cards, etc. and then I threw in an end of the year performance for their parents. It was a lot of fun and so worth it!

Monday was the performance and my students performed their little butts off! They were too adorable! Tuesday report cards were due and it was the kids' last day. Today, Wednesday, I went in to clean up my classroom. And now I'm officially done with the school year. What a load off!

In adoption news, my dossier was approved by my agency and will be making it's way (back) to DC by the end of the week. I'm not sure how long it will be there before heading off to Ethiopia. But it feels good to have that done, too! Yikes! Things seem to be happening so quickly all of a sudden!

So..

School year- done.
Dossier - done.

Now onto the next task: organizing my house! I didn't do so well with Week of Purge. I don't think the timing was right. I had way too much other stuff going on. But now I have time! This week I will move all my crap to the basement (command central). In command central I will put things into 4 piles:

* sell
* donate (i.e. Goodwill)
* give away (to friends or on Freecycle)
* throw away

I can not wait to get rid of all this clutter! And then it will be on to preparing for my daughter!

1 comment:

hazel said...

I need to do a purge too. Let us know how it goes.