6.28.2009

Some Much Needed R&R

The last few weeks have been extremely stressful. The end of the school year and finishing my dossier simultaneously would have been stressful enough, but add to that some serious family drama and -- well, it was getting to be too much. The multiple daily helpings of ice cream to combat the stress were not really helping so when my friend suggested I come down to Nags Head for a couple of days, I jumped at the chance.

It was exactly what I needed...

Piping hot coffee each morning on the deck. Laying out by the pool. Grilled salmon and shrimp and peppers. Fresh fruit and homemade ice cream. Blazing hot sunshine every day. Spending time with the cutest black lab ever. Cold beers. Walks on the beach. Jumping into the waves. Kayaking in the early morning hours. Glorious sunsets. Laughing and shopping and talking for hours with a childhood friend of over 35 years...

Seriously, does it get any better than that?

(Btw, she vetoed all photos of her but trust me she and her family were there!)

3 comments:

kn said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing and allowing me to live vicariously through you.

Michelle J said...

I found your blog via my friend Mika's blog...who I gather you're meeting today. Yay and how cool is that?

Throw in a tennis court and the description of your R&R is my idea of a perfect life :)

Chrissy said...

You DESERVE!! a vacation after all those crazy dates you had!! lol!!
Nags Head is great too!!