10.02.2010

September Update

Seven months home already?! That is so hard to believe. Time is flying!

Someone was not really trying to cooperate (as usual). She really hates holding the sign for these photo shoots for some reason but I was able to get one great shot of her at least.



I am waaay too busy for a detailed post but here are a few details about my girl.

* She loves her new daycare. I am so happy about that. I like her teacher a lot and I don't mind the curriculum for the 2 year olds. I suppose if she can learn the words milk, baby, bubbles, etc. she can learn one, two, A, B, etc. But the curriculum for the 3 year olds is not age-appropriate (like being responsible for learning 20 sight words! come on!) so she will not be attending there next year. I don't know where she (or I for that matter) will be but it won't be in that setting.

* She doesn't like loud noises and gets startled easily. She is often telling me things are loud and covering her ears.

* She loves ring doorbells and turn lights on and off.

* She likes to be ticked and I love hearing her laugh!



I didn't keep track of her new words but here are a few:

buherfy (butterfly)
buhg (bug) She will find all sorts of things and bring them to me and call them bugs. It could be my hair or doll hair, leaves or spices in her food.. but this morning it was a dead fly. ew.)
yeah (uh huh, she got this from me)
mook (milk-rhymes with book)
She calls dots bubboos.
sar (star)
sie (for inside or outside or if she wants something directly on something. for example, if she wants me to spread sunflower nut butter on her rice cake she will say, "Sie?")
ook (look)
bigh bah (be right back)
A
B
C
fish
cado (avocado)
tea
cahee (coffee)
suhsal (I want some salt)--I know, terrible. but at least it's sea salt!


* She says "soosee" after she burps (or after I do) or if she wants to get by or if I am sitting on something she wants.

* She still goes down at night so easily. For this I am extremely grateful!! The most she cries is 2 or 3 minutes and she only cries about 4 or 5 times a month. She pretty much sleeps 11 hours but rarely past 8:00 so I have learned not to keep her up late in an effort to allow me to sleep in.

* She continues to be a HUGE eater. She has gotten pickier about what she eats but her appetite remains huge. I don't have her exact stats but she is HEAVY. I am almost at the point of being unable to lift her. We are into eating healthy foods around here now so that should help. I want every bite to be healthy and full of nutrients. I was horrified/saddened to see one of her classmates in daycare eating Nilla Wafers for breakfast. (wtf?) That same day she was eating a homemade granola bar (made with bananas, oil, oats, raisins and dates) and some soy milk. Some other healthy meals we have made included last night's dinner: veggie burger, cannellini beans sauteed in olive oil with fresh sage and kale chips. She loved it!Potty training is coming along! She has only had a few accidents and can now go caca in the potty, too! She can go a whole day at daycare with underpants (and one diaper for nap). Yay for saving mommy money and saving me from dealing with diarrhea! Here we are in the Targ*t parking lot after buying her first pairs of big girl underpants.We continue to be blessed unexpectedly. People are always sending Almi things out of the blue to brighten our day. This week we got a beautiful quilt from cousin Trinah, a scarf/mitten/hat set from cousin Ava and my colleague, Toya, gave me two HUGE bags of hand-me-downs. The bag must have contained ten pairs of pants with matching shirts, 5 dresses, 3 coats and several other mix and match pieces. And everything is in her size and looks brand new. I was thrilled at all the showering of love on my girl!

What else?
She loves the rain!


She loves to be very close to Mommy.
Even when I am doing dishes, which can make it challenging. :-)


She loves to dance!

And she has the cutest feet ever!


I love my little girl!

2 comments:

June G said...

Nice pics. It was fun to see the video. I was laughing right along with you. Thanks for the regular updates.

Anonymous said...

You are doing s wonderful job as those heart rendering smiles in the pictures depict.

Di