Today, thankfully, she was good in daycare. When I picked her up they also told me she stayed dry all day! They forgot to put a diaper on her at naptime and she was even dry when she woke up! This weekend I am going to buy a potty seat for the toilet and a step stool. I think she is ready to graduate from the little potty chair and use the big potty like she does in school. It'll also be nice to not have to clean that out after each use. Yuck! They also told me she can identify A, B, C, 1, 2, 3, circle and triangle. I got that on video and will post it.
Tonight, she was back to her naughty self. We had tacos and carrots for dinner. She ate her two tacos and asked for a third. "Mo. Mo. Pee." I told her she couldn't have any more until she ate her carrots. She whined and tried to hand me her bowl of carrots to take off her tray. When I wouldn't reach for them she pushed the bowl off her tray onto the floor.
Dinner all done.
She got reprimanded.
She felt bad and tried to climb into my lap. I told her I was not happy. She started to cry. I pulled her up onto my lap and hugged her and told her I loved her but throwing her food on the floor was not ok.She got off my lap and, without my prompting, tried to clean it up.
Carrots got stuck on her toes.
And got all over her hands.
I cleaned up the rest and she was back to her old happy self. Sweet, naughty girl.
You can't stay mad at me for long!




5 comments:
Congratulations on starting the journey to "big girl" panties. If I may make a suggestion, you might want to consider letting her use the potty chair. Using the big toilet increases the likelihood of her developing constipation issues. Good luck, Tonya
tonya,
really?? why is that? i don't want that... tho with her diarreah issues, it might make things normal!
LOL to Laura.
Sorry, using the big toilet won't help with the diarrhea. If it did, I might have tried it when Senait was going through her adjustment period. Anyway, sitting with the feet hanging changes the angle of the rectum which makes it more difficult to expel stool. It is best to have the knees bent so they are pointing upward as opposed to down or straight out as happens when a little person sits on the toilet.
Funny how we think they can't understand and then... they prove us wrong AGAIN! cutie patootie.
Oh- and if your moving her to the big potty. Get a step stool. so she can rest her feet.
Post a Comment