10.27.2010

Ah Duh


When she's tired of something or wants me to take something she will say, "Ah duh" (all done).
For example, when she's done eating or done playing with a toy. Here she was tired of her hair being in these little pigtails. It was so cute. I didn't oblige her.

Her hair is finally starting to get long enough to do something fun with it. I am going to attempt to do a cute style this weekend. Any tips on how to get a tender-headed, active 2 year old to sit still?? Wish me luck!!! lol

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Good luck is all I can pass your way... :-)

Tami said...

lol...she is very funny...and verrrryyy cute!

InventingLiz said...

Does she like books? Elfe "reads" a book in the mornings while I comb her hair, it seems to work for her. If I do more involved styles, I plop her down in front of a video - works like magic!

Melissa said...

I give my lil momma (2 yrs) a ice pop almost everytime she gets her hair done. If we don't have a popsicle she will usually take any type of snack and she pops down in her favorite chair and watches cartoons. If the style is going to take longer than 2 episodes, I wait till she's sleeping. I also will do her hair while she's playing in the tub. Honestly, it just gets better over time. She sits way longer now than she did even a few months ago.

Sha Zam- said...

I hate that I'm saying it outloud... but the hypnotic powers of Dora the Explorer mixed with those cheapo cool pops (you know the frozen colored surgar liguid inside plastic tubes... ya those). This worked wonders for me for months!

hazel said...

I love hearing that "Ah duh" :-) It's so great to have clear communication with your child.

DeeAnn said...

I second the Dora and food. Also, I give her a hand mirror to look at what's happening. Plus, just doing it every day.