1.17.2010

Nursery *edited*

I have been going back and forth for months on what room in my house should become the nursery. One room seemed perfect. It was in the back of the house overlooking the yard and got lots of light and very quiet. I moved all her things in there and made a plan. But when I got matched with a toddler and not an infant that ideal room was no longer ideal. You see, you have to go through another room to get to that quiet back room because it is an addition. That would mean I could possibly have a toddler wandering through the den or the walk-in-closet at any time--and in the middle of the night when I am sleeping doesn't seem like such a good idea.

So, the room decision has been made for me and with only nine days til court I think it's time I start putting it together! Here's the 'before' photo.


(Yeah, it's a huge mess!! I have too much stuff!!)


(angle from the other side of the room)

Here's the plan:

* clean out all the crap
* put crib in the corner where the computer is
* paint a white tree in that corner
* get rid of the blinds with the dangerous cords and replace them with cheap-o paper ones
* hang the mini lanterns
* remove all my stuff from the shelves (or at least the bottom two) and replace them with baskets for her diapers, socks, tights, pj's etc.
* put a table and chairs in there for her to create art (I'm planning to raise an artsy, tennis player :))
* hang a wire to display her artwork
* integrate my butterfly theme somehow


This is going to be fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice size room. You daughter will enjoy it.

Sen

Jebena said...

"Girl, put your records on" and enjoy the girly energy--with your determination, flair, and spirit, you'll have her room put together in no time!!! I can't wait to see it!!!!

hazel said...

Can't wait for the After pictures!

kn said...

this is going to be a beautiful room and i nice size too!
can't wait to see it finished
wish i was closer to help

Anonymous said...

it's going to be sooo nice. loved your description.

Adopting1Soon said...

One week to go..... are you doing a countdown?

Melissa said...

Hey, your before looks like mine! Have fun putting it all together.

Shelby said...

I just know the after is going to be fantastic! What a great space!

Jennifer said...

Holly's room looked just like that before she came. I was using the room for storage. Amazing how motivating it can be when you know things are getting close.

Barbara said...

talk is cheap baby. let's see it :)