Lent. 40 days. I am going hard core this year. I need to be make some total changes and, frankly, with all the things I have on my mind I need to keep God in the forefront of all my activities. I am glad to have a definitive starting and ending point, knowing that I have 40 days in which I expect lots to get done.
As far as diet, here's the plan:
1. no meat
2. no dairy
3. no alcohol
4. no junk food (snacks, sweets, processed foods, soda, etc.)
5. I was going to give up wheat and sugar, too, but that may be going a little overboard.
Considering I ate Thin Mints for dinner tonight, a healthy vegan diet is going to be quite the shock to my system! After scarfing down the whole sleeve as I drove home from work I promptly got a stomach ache so hopefully the other three sleeves in my freezer won't be too tempting. I love you, Thin Mints.
In addition:
1. no facebook
2. no choosing the couch over the gym (i.e. must work out daily ~ be it getting in my 10,000 steps which I have never been able to do or actually going to the gym to work out or simply lifting or doing a tape at home... something every day)
I hope keeping focused on health and fitness will give me loads of positive energy to get things done. Number one on the list? Finishing my dossier. My SW did surface today, finally. He left me a voice mail message with something about how he hadn't made any changes to my homestudy and to email him with the age range that I wanted so he can be sure he has it correct. Um, how about I emailed him that information and left a voice mail message to adjust the age range and to increase it to two children over a week ago? And how about I left him three or four follow up messages asking him to return my call to confirm? Even though I hadn't heard back from him I was kind of under the assumption that he had changed the number and ages after our conversation. I also assumed that he had already mailed it off to CIS. Now I have no idea if he is even on board nor do I have any indication of when he plans to mail it off! I'm frustrated. Perhaps my goal to work swiftly on the paperwork with the hope of getting a court date before the rainy season was a bit lofty. I guess I need to just realize that it will all get done when it gets done and if she gets home by Christmas I will be grateful. And if not, well then she won't.. but then I instead will jet off to some exotic location to celebrate my last few weeks of being single and carefree and look forward to meeting her in 2010.




9 comments:
Good for you. I've already given up TV during the week. I did watch the President last night but I'll join Lent also. I need to! I'll do a post also.
Holy cow, girl!!!
Sorry about your social worker. Good luck on your dossier!!!
Dear LORD woman, you are going seriously hard-core for Lent. I admire you, I am impressed, and I am feeling lame my comparison. :-)
Kudos!
And I love your plan for Christmas - it will be good either way - either your daughter will be with you, or she be on the way and you'll be soaking up one last vacation fling...
Wow, you are the strictest Lent observer I know!! Hope you can end the 40's without slip ups :)
This would either put me in a coffin or keep me from it! :)
Good luck girl! Prayers! I can't wait to see you on the other side!
Wow, good luck, with both the Lent diet and the slow-*** social worker. What a flake. Our homestudy was slow (both our fault and our sw's fault) and getting the dossier together felt like we were on a fool's errand. It was a total downer for months, waking up every day with the paperwork hanging over my head.
The good news is that you will feel GREAT when you are finished!! Forget the diet, the lifting of the weight of the adoption paperwork is enough to make you feel like a whole new person :)
I saw your post on the orphanage with a note to friend you and I could see more pictures. I was going to comment asking for you to let me see the pix on FB until I saw this post. Wouldn't want to be the one to make you fall off the wagon.
All that aside, I appreciate your comment on my blog re: the mom issue and take it under advisement. I'm leaning toward just "Julia" or "Mama Julia," sort of acknowledging that there are other mama's (one in particular) out there.
Wow that' some Lent commitment! Good Luck with that, I would not be able to do all those changes at once.
As far as your SW goes, he needs to get that HS in the mail PRONTO! the laws could change at any minute regarding singles! HELLOOOOO!
And I know once that is done and your new agency has it they will be ON THE BALL.
Wow, your Lenten journey sounds great. We are Orthodox Christians so we fast from meat, dairy, wine, and oil during Lent. I should fast from FB but I'm not...your good!
Becky
Post a Comment