So I am finished with my HS, but I can't send it off to CIS because my SW wants to "have a serious discussion" about my request to change it from one child to two. Apparently he has some ideas about single women parenting more than one child. I explained to him that I don't intend on being referred two, but if I discover my daughter has a sibling and the family asks me to adopt both, I want to have that option. I just sent him a link to this article (click here) about singles with more than one child and how full and happy and well adjusted and normal these families are. Gosh, I wonder how he feels about Nadya Suleman!
2.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Ugh! What a pain! Hope the SW can see your point of view.
That is weird. My sw asked me to put two "just in case". She also asked me to put a wider age reange, in case of delays with court or God knows what. She said the agency would know what age I wanted for the referral, but what if I got an infant referral and she got older while paperwork languished, I'd hate to "leave her behind" because now she was 19 months instead of the 18 months I had put. Is this the same sw I used??? Anyway, stick to your guns girl! And woo-hoo on another thing done!
Huh...please don't put yourself in the same category with N. Suleman. Personally, I think the woman is a little crazy but that is just me.
thank you so much for your comment regarding my husband's deployment! and sending positive thoughts to you on your journey to motherhood! I don't know a lot about adoption or the paperwork, but I don't think the SW should be discouraging of you if you wanted to put down 2 children!
I'm sorry but I don't feel a SW can access how well you would parent your children; especially since he won't be providing any type of support.
Do you and be happy!
Sen
thanks for the link to that article. i will take a look at it. i just found out yesterday that a friend of mine told others that she didn't think any single women should be having kids (in discussing me). that made me pretty mad. i can't believe people think it is their business to decide what is best for someone else. however, the 14 kid thing does seem extreme!!!
You may as well join the rest of us in the 2 kids single mom group. Having been there and watching my two interact with each other is priceless. I don't know how will do it but I know it will be done well. I'm not wishing two on you if that's not your true desire but I am celebrating with you that you would consider it.
Post a Comment