I had the myomectomy. Ouch!!! Is this what a c-section is like? Can I handle recovering from that and taking care of an infant alone? I am really not confident that I can. I don't go back to work for 3-6 weeks (depending on the healing process) and I hope to get a lot accomplished around the house, with my home business and my future baby plans in the next few weeks.
I have had a lot of time to reflect and I have made one decision. I will not do IVF. I know I want to adopt, I just need to figure out if I do it now or do I take this last opportunity and try to have a child. My doctor said I can begin trying to conceive in August. At this point that would mean donor sperm. Nor sure how I feel about that.
Should I conceive my own baby?
Pros: biological connection, control over prenatal care, economical
Cons: old eggs, won't know father, jacks up body, can't share experience with father, difficult infant stage, healing time from delivery
Should I adopt?
Pros: skip infant stage, child is known to be healthy, Africa connection (doing my part), easy on the body
Cons: expensive
Adoption is looking better and better. I just don't want to regret not trying. But I am not sure I want to do it alone. So, here's my decision regarding that: If I am in a relationship in the next year before I get a referral and we want a baby together, I will at that time try to conceive. Boyfriend or husband. But since I can't predict when he is coming, I will proceed with the adoption process.
So, time to research agencies and get house together to prepare for the home study. Either way, my child will be here in 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment