I read an interesting article in the New York Times about Ethiopian adoption.
http://"www.nytimes.com/2007/06/04/us/04adopt.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin"
I have two agencies that I am looking at right now for Ethiopian adoption: Wide Horizons and Gladney. I know people who have adopted from both, so I know they are both reputable. If I start the adoption process, I can't get married until it's finalized (I say that as if there is someone right here ready! LOL!) but most agencies want you to be married at least 2 years. But, with different countries closing programs for one reason or another and with maximum age requirements for getting an infant often being 45, I can't wait much longer. I really need to make a definitive decision about whether or not to have a biological child. If I were a guy, I would just go ahead with the adoption and have a child when I got married (or in a couple of years if I didn't). I just need to continue to pray on it and hope that God will let me know what the best path is.
Take a look at the agencies: Wide Horizons and Gladney.
I heard from my friend Tami that the wait time for Wide Horizons is now a year, so Gladney is looking more promising. I registered for their July 11th informational session in McLean. Looking forward to hearing more about the program. I requested an informational packet on line and got an email from DP asking if she could call me. I told her I was going in for a myomectomy but we could connect this week. It's already Friday so I guess I will shoot her an email in a moment and let her know she can call me next week. Though being in Texas she could still call me today I suppose.
6.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment