6.17.2007

I'm feeling stress/Enjoying the single life

I've been reading a lot of adoption blogs lately and I have read on more than one occasion that Ethiopia is considering barring singles from adopting sometime in the future. No date set in stone yet, but it makes me nervous to even hear the rumblings! Gosh, no matter which way I decide to go, it feels like a mad rush. Hurry and have a kid before I get too old or hurry and adopt before I am restricted from doing so!

I don't like the pressure! :-/

Anyhoo! I got out of the house today. I still get very tired and can't walk fast but I am making progress slo-o-o-o-o-o-o-owly. :-) I went to church this morning. I love All Souls. It is such a warm and inviting and inclusive place. It's very diverse and I can look around and see what seems like adopted kids with their families. Today they asked for volunteers for the coming year- greeters, ushers, etc. I thought about signing up but I'm not even a member. Yet. I'm thinking about joining and maybe even joining the choir. After church I met Roz for lunch. It was such a beautiful day so we sat outside. We each got some sangria-me red (hello! antioxidants!) and she- white. Yum! I am making an effort to do some things that I may not be able to do when I am a mom (like spontaneously meeting a friend for lunch) and just enjoy being single. I know I will yearn for days like this! It was really nice to just be lazy with nowhere to go. She told me over lunch that in the next year she is going to consider adoption as well! I was so excited. I am really hoping to have a bunch of friends going through it with me. All of us old broads who waited til our 40s to have kids! Then this spontaneous brunch will include high chairs and sippy cups or bottles or whatever you moms tote around with you everywhere! :-)

1 comment:

Tami said...

Wow...Ros will be joining us???? How exciting! Welcome Ros!