9.29.2010

Surprise!

From observation, you might think this is broccoli with cheese sauce. Looks like fake American cheese sauce at that. It's not! It's broccoli with carrot ginger tofu soup poured on top. It gets its lovely orange coloring from carrots! And it was yum-my!

Almi has recently decided she no longer likes most vegetables and it has been a head ache to try to get her to eat them. At the same time, I am trying to eat more healthfully and I am becoming concerned about her weight. I'm grateful she is a good eater but she eats a LOT so I am trying to get her to eat more veggies and fewer carbs. I am concerned about her BMI and I am concerned about my back! If she keeps eating like she does, in a few short months I will no longer be able to lift her up! I'm not kidding. It's already a challenge to get her in and out of her crib and carseat.

This is the recipe we made tonight. I used my new Vita-Mix. I love that thing. I declare it's going to bring us both to excellent health.

Carrot Ginger Tofu Soup

Yield: 4 1/2 cups (1.0 l)




Speed: Variable to High
Time: 3-4 minutes

Ingredients

4 medium carrots, peeled, halved
1/4 small onion, peeled
4 small garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch white pepper
1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
1/3 cup light silken tofu
2 cups low sodium vegetable broth

(from Vita-Mix.ahoy.com)
















































1 comment:

hazel said...

Keeping them properly fed is the hardest thing, IMO. Biset eats better than me, that's for sure. Almi looks nice and healthy. Maybe a few laps around the block might help if you're really worried ;-)