9.26.2010

The Farm!

On Saturday we went to this amazing farm! For wee ones like my girl, this farm had tons of things to entertain her including live farm animals (she saw cows, horses, chickens, pigs and sheep), slides, food, picnic areas, live bluegrass music where she danced --as she always does around music-- and cool play areas with bales of hay to climb on. We also went on a really long hayride and got free pumpkins of our choice at the end. I bought the tickets almost two weeks ago and I couldn't wait for the day to arrive. I knew she was going to have so much fun and I was looking forward to her experiencing so many firsts. And experience she did.

First time touching a cow!


First time on a hayride!


First time seeing a horse! First time seeing chickens! First time seeing pigs!

First time seeing and climbing on hay!

Holding her first pumpkin!

First time down a huge slide, too!

I knew this would be a really fun fall activity. It was nice and sunny but it didn't feel very fall-like. It was hot, hot, hot! It was over 90 degrees and all that walking and playing really tuckered us all out in about two hours but if we still live in this area when she's about 5 I could see spending the whole day here. It was so. much. fun!

I loved the farm, Mommy. Thank you!


lol

1 comment:

June G said...

As soon as I got to the last picture, I burst out laughing, then I saw your "lol" at the end. I see I'm not alone in my reaction...Yep. She looks too funny...and adorable.

I'm just getting started in my Ethiopian adoption journey and your blog is one of the clearest and easiest to navigate. I check in regularly to see how you and your girl are doing :-)