9.18.2009

Nope, Not Yet




* Oh, and so you don't think my agency is cruel to send me an email that I may think is a referral, you should know that I contacted them first to see if there was any news.

8 comments:

K_I_T_ said...

Hey, I love that your video even though you didn't get a referral. Next time. I can't wait to see when you do. Up here in Canada, we waited almost 20months to get our referral of our 3 month old baby girl. Hope you get your soon. It feels great to know who they are finally.

Single PAP said...

One thing I forgot to mention (and thanks K_I_T for reminding me)... i know lots of people wait MUCH longer for referrals. those in the China program, especially, but even those in the Ethiopia program. even in the US a referral from Ethiopia can take years. I am just starting to get impatient since

a. I have been in this process for over two years

b. when i first started this process (w/ a different agency)4-6 months was the norm so thinking that i may wait longer than that is something i hadn't planned on--and though i know others have to deal w/ years added on and that is obviously much more difficult, it adds to my nervousness that something like that may happen with me or something like what happened with Imagine in Canada

c. i know someone who got a referral from my agency for an infant girl the day she sent in her dossier!!!

d. my agency held onto my dossier before submitting it to time it so i wouldn't travel before i qualified for FMLA in late september so all along i was under the impression that i would be traveling then. at this rate w/o a referral and of course w/o a court date, i am probably looking at december at the earliest

e. i got a referral over two weeks ago that i couldn't accept

and

f. i'm just impatient like that and want what i want when i want it!!

so to all you who waited much longer and were ready for a child from the day you started the process (or even years before) i completely empathize and i don't want to sound ungrateful for the fact that i may only wait 4 months for a referral. please know that. (((hugs)))

Angela said...

I don't think I've ever commented on your blog, but the email sucked a little. What was the point?

I could see anticipation and excitement in your eyes and felt let down even though I knew what happened. I can't wait until you get your referral.

Adopting1Soon said...

Aww, this was the sweetest video journal ever!

Your daughter will love to see how excited you were about her arrival, one day when she is older and looking nto her adoption process.

Hang in there.

Is Alisa your social worker?

Am I the one who got her referral the day I sent in my dossier? ;-) That may have been because I'm a social worker too and perhaps my s.w. felt a bond there?

Anyway, it WILL happen and soon. When I was there there were plenty of infants (yes, most of them were spoken for) but I don't believe the well has all of a sudden "dried up" so to speak. HANG IN THERE! We have the best agency ever!!!

Please keep up with the video blogs, it was awesome to see you again!

Single PAP said...

angela, i wasn't too upset about the email. i was under the impression that it wasn't going to happen so i was ok. now, if that keeps happening into 2010 i will no longer be ok with it ;)

and A1S, yes, you ARE the one who got a referral in one day!! it was one day wasn't it? THAT made me think my process would be just as fast. my time is coming...

Single PAP said...

oh, and A1S, thanks for the compliment! videos are great on blogs. i will remember that when my girl comes home. yes, we love videos... hint, hint! :)

Angela said...

It will happen sooner than later for sure:) You really seem like a nice person and I wish you well. Hang in there.

Brenda said...

I am so sorry that was not "the email". You have come so far. It will happen.