3.16.2009

Frustration!!!

OK, need to vent. Why in the he!! has my HS not been sent to CIS yet? The HS that was approved three weeks ago!! When I called my social worker 2 weeks ago to ask why I hadn't gotten my notarized copy in the mail he said he would send it right out to me. I gave it another week and nothing. Then last week I was still waiting and no phone call, no email, no explanation. Last week was crazy with getting strep throat and my mother going into the hospital so I was a bit run down and distracted so I just called him and left him a nasty message on his answering machine. Seriously, WTF?! That is three weeks wasted and that's not including the two or three weeks we wasted because he was so impossible to reach when he insisted we have "the conversation"! I am so pissed. I am FUMING over here! Six frickin' weeks!!! I could have received my 171H by now.

I feel like crying..

8 comments:

VALARIE said...

I've been there and know how you feel. Cry if you need to, I'm sure that I even screamed come up with a plan of how you are gonna keep him on track! Then remember (I hated when people would say this to me) the timing always works out just right. It may be that your baby was just coming into care or the process needed to slow down for some reason that won't make sense until later.

Tami said...

I didn't know your mother was in the hospital. I hope it was nothing major and she is ok.

I would call his supervisor! He is impossible!

Adopting1Soon said...

Go ahead and cry if you need to. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Has he even WRITTEN it yet??? Who is this slacker? Was "the conversation" just a delaying tactic because he hadn't written it up yet???

I KNOW this is not the agency I recommended.. this is the other guy who you had before deciding on an agency right?

Is there any way you can cancel your payment? Did you pay with a credit card?

Although at this point... you'd have to start over with someone else. It may not be worth it. But JAYZUZ!

Maybe you can threaten discloure on your blog to get a fire lit under his *ss.

This is totally unprofessional.

Ok, calm down.... breathe....(talking to myself here)

Anonymous said...

that is RIDICULOUS. I hope his ass gets demoted, or disciplined in some way. After he finishes what he is supposed to do for you, I mean.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry. I so feel your pain.

Rachael said...

I ditto the suggestion to call the SW's supervisor. It sounds like this guy just hasn't done it at all and he's holding you hostage!! I'm so sorry you have to go through this...

Julia said...

Ridiculous and impossibly unprofessional.

StefB said...

I was going to say what Valarie said, and then I read what Valarie said! The timing works out. It just does. That said, while in the process of completing my dossier for my international adoption, some days I felt very pressed to rush, and other days there was no sense of urgency, but rather a clear feeling that I should wait a day before the next step. I have no doubt I was being guided right to my daugther. So -- if you feel pressed to rant and rave to the darn social worker, I say go for it!

Stefanie, mom to Tiana age 2.5