3.19.2009

Confession


Ok, I have a confession to make. When I got diagnosed with strep throat I left the urgent care facility and promptly bought an Oreo milkshake. I figured God would understand.


Ok, I have another confession to make. When I was stressed out about the homestudy drama, a friend took me out for Thai food. I had a few bites of his fish and several bites of his mango sticky rice. I don't have an excuse for eating sweets on this day except that I already had a love affair with the mango and I couldn't resist. Have you tried it?? OMG. Best dessert ever. (along with chocolate chip cookies). Must post recipe here for my own future reference. This is the easiest one I saw. I will be learning how to make this and preparing it often.


Didn't want to get any more nice comments about how impressed you are or how well I'm doing.. I can say that I have not had any alcohol or logged onto Facebook. So that's something I guess cause Lord knows I have needed a drink! Twenty more days to go...

6 comments:

Queen Diva said...

That looks so good!

You seem like you love to cook. I wish I had your zeal.

Andrea

hazel said...

I've never had mango rice, but I'm going to try that recipe. Congrats on sticking to your guns so far. The last 20 days will go quickly.

Melissa said...

I've had 3 people now make strong arguments against lent:
"It's about doing something, not NOT doing something."
"You can break lent on Sundays."
"If you're not going to give it up permanently, why bother?"
And these are from fellow Christians. Sigh. I'm sticking to it, although I did go to a bed and breakfast this weekend, and coudn't really avoid butter in things. I didn't add it, but I didn't want to impose on them. I'll admit though, I am counting down the days (especially since I have had 2 opportunities this week to have some yummy drumstick cake!).

Adopting1Soon said...

I'm GLAD you are not perfect! you were making me look bad :-)

Veggie Carrie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! The oreo milkshake looks delicious - my throat is so painful today, so perhaps a good excuse to have one myself.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

YAY for oreo milkshakes and mango sticky rice. Boo for feeling guilty about it. And um, how did you ween yourself off of the Facebook crack? Alas, I'm nowhere near as strong as you... chin up!